West Essex Regional High School serves the municipalities of North Caldwell, Essex Fells, Fairfield and Roseland.
Parents from the four municipalities once paid tuition for their children to attend schools in the Caldwell-West Caldwell district. On May 16, 1957, residents voted on the proposal to merge the four municipalities with Caldwell and West Caldwell into one district. However, residents of Caldwell and West Caldwell voted against the proposal and plans for the West Essex district were soon underway. In July 1958, a $290,000 plan was approved for a North Caldwell site for the West Essex middle and high schools.
- Number of students: 1,046
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the New Jersey Department of Education and the Middle Atlantic States Association of Secondary Schools
- Number of faculty: 110
- Grade levels: 9 to 12
- Extracurricular activities available: Students can participate in class council, student council and the band.
- Student clubs: West Essex offers a variety of academic, fine and performing arts, publications and service clubs.
- Sports teams: West Essex offers 24 interscholastic sports.