West Caldwell Public Library
The West Caldwell Public Library is one of 75 libraries in the Bergen County Cooperative Library System. Access to the library catalog can be made from any computer outside of the library. Resources can be reserved online using your library card number.
The library offers 40,000 book titles, 200 magazine and other periodical titles, a large selection of videocassettes, compact discs and books on audio cassette. There is also year-round children's programming, including seasonal special programs such as the annual Summer Reading Game, special and regular story hour sessions, "Tiny Tot" programs for 2-year-olds and a parent and after-school programs for school-age children. Programs for young adults include a monthly book discussion group, an annual summer reading club and other special events.
There are several copying machines and a trained staff to provide in-house or telephone information from carefully selected reference materials and appropriate Internet sites.
Membership is free to all residents, taxpayers, employees and students in West Caldwell and to students eligible for the the Caldwell-West Caldwell School System. All others are invited to purchase an annual membership.
- Fax: 973-228-7572
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 8pm; Fri, 9am - 6pm; Sat, 9am - 5pm (Saturday in the summer hours are 9am - 1pm)
- Size of collection: 61,330
- Specialties: A number of databases can be accessed from the BCCLS homepage, www.bccls.org, using a valid library card number.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Programs/classes: Story Time for children, art receptions, computer classes, publisher workshops, holiday-themed events and Friday afternoon movies are among the many programs and classes offered.
- Book donation information: The library welcomes donations of gently used or new materials. The library cannot accept magazines, textbooks, encyclopedias or any material with out-of-date information.