Historical Society of West Caldwell
Located in the Zenas Crane homestead, the Historical Society of West Caldwell advocates for local historic preservation. Monthly meetings in conjunction with Friends of the West Caldwell Library feature entertaining speakers. The group awards scholarships to local students majoring in history or social sciences. There's also a weekend quilting group that meets every other week. New members are always welcome.
- Hours: By appointment only. Four homes will be on a Dec. 6 tour and the Crane homestead will be open Sunday, Dec. 13th. Please call Roxanne Douglas at 973-226-8976 for hours and appointments.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- What makes this community special?: West Caldwell offers a great mix of good schools, close shopping, small town values and lots of historic buildings.
- Parking: Free lot
- Mission: Advocates for local historic preservation as part of the League of Historical Societies of West Essex.
- Annual dues: $15.00/individual; $25.00/family
- Membership requirements: None
- Meetings: Monthly