Green Brook Country Club
Green Brook Country Club is a member-owned country club located in North Caldwell, where it was built on top of the highest of the Caldwell Mountains.
The club was designed by Richard White and opened in 1923. An important part of the construction crew, a member named Harry Smith, served as the club's first professional and greenskeeper from its beginning up until 1958.
Green Brook already had 300 members by the end of its first decade of existence; however, the club ran into financial trouble during the Depression and World War II. Twelve members of a nearby country club bought Green Brook's facilities from the bank.
When the 1950s rolled around, a swimming pool as well as tennis courts were added when Green Brook's members decided to turn the club into a more family-oriented establishment.
- Hours: Seasonal; closes for the winter months and opens again in March.
- What makes this community special?: Green Brook's original clubhouse was built in 1925 and had remained the same until recently, when it was completely renovated in 2003.
- Membership info: Golf members have unlimited access to the golf course, practice facility, swimming pool, dining rooms and tennis courts. Social and tennis members have access to the dining rooms, the swimming pool facility and tennis courts.
- Parking: Free lot, Valet
- Type: Country clubs