Essex County College
Established in 1966, Essex County College is a public community college that is open to students with a variety of backgrounds and abilities.
In 1978, ECC opened its West Essex Extension Center in West Caldwell, now known as the West Essex Campus, to meet the educational and training needs of people who live and work in the western part of the county.
The West Essex Campus offers a wide range of credit courses, customized training programs, a computer institute of noncredit courses, seminar workshops, conferences and other programs. The facility includes computer, biology and chemistry laboratories and provides a full-range of services to students who wish to complete their degree work there.
The college's enrollment exceeds 8,000 students in its degree programs and another 12,000 in its continuing education (credit and noncredit), youth, company and customized training programs. The West Essex Campus is the school's fastest-growing site with enrollment in degree programs doubling over the past five years.
- Hours: Admissions and enrollment office: Mon - Thu, 9am - 6:15pm; Fri, 11:30am - 4:15pm.
- Number of students: 20,000
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Accreditation/licenses: ECC is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The college is licensed by the New Jersey Commission on Higher Education to operate and award associate degrees and certificates.
- Sports conference: ECC competes in the Garden State Athletic Conference and Region 19 of the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- Sports teams: ECC offers men's and women's programs in basketball, soccer and track and field.