The Caldwell Public Library's resources are available to the general public, but only registered patrons may borrow library materials.
North Caldwell residents can borrow materials from the Caldwell Public Library upon payment of an annual fee. The library card is valid for one year from the date of registration for North Caldwell residents.
An inter-local agreement between the towns of Caldwell and Essex Fells allows Essex Fells residents to borrow materials from the Caldwell Public Library. For Essex Fells residents, the library card is valid through the end of the calendar year of registration.
Children, kindergarten age and older and young adults are eligible for a library card. For children under the age of 18, the youth's parent/guardian must provide proof of identification. The parent/guardian must sign the child's registration card. Potential patrons must present personal identification with proof of current address to obtain a library card.
- Fax: 973-403-8606
- Hours: Mon, Fri, 9am - 5pm; Tue, Wed, Thu, 9am - 8pm; Sat, 9am - 1pm. The library is closed on Saturdays during July and August and re-opens the first Saturday after Labor Day.
- Specialties: The library has a Local History Room with documentary materials relevant to the history of the Caldwells and what used to be the "Horseneck" area of Essex County to be used for research, education and exhibition.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases
- Internet use policy: Users are allowed 20 minutes of computer use within a two-hour period. When computers are available, that policy may be relaxed at the discretion of library personnel.
- Programs/classes: The library offers a variety of programs and classes including toddler, preschool and kids drop in programs, Tuesday afternoon movies and adult programs such as Twenty-Five Businesses You Can Start With Little or No Money.