With a little less than two months into his new position as Superintendent of the Caldwell-West Caldwell School District, outlined his preliminary goals for the new school year at Monday's Board of Education meeting.
Heinegg's goals range from preparation for upcoming state evaluations to improving communication, both with the public and within groups serving students.
While the Board will discuss these goals at a workshop on Wednesday and plans to formally adopt them on Wednesday evening, the following outlines Heinegg's preliminary goals.
- Communication and Public Relations: Heinegg would like to continue to improve communication links with the community.
- Student Information System: As Heinegg explained, this system is largely invisible to the public, but is the database for all student information and scheduling. Heinegg would like to explore other systems to determine if an upgrade is needed.
- Tracking State Monitoring: The district will have mandatory state observation beginning September 2013. In addition, the state monitoring for QSAC, (Quality Single Accountability Continuum) is scheduled for the upcoming school year.
- Development of Long Term Strategic Plan: As Heinegg noted, the Vision 2010 plan has been completed, with last year serving as an evaluation year. The Board will spend time in workshops developing a new five year plan.
- Kindergarten Enhancement: While the district decided in 2007 that a full day kindergarten was not financially feasible, Heinegg would like to explore other options for enriching the kindergarten year. Both Heinegg and West Caldwell Resident Ellen Raimondi pointed out with many kindergarten students attending the YMCA before- or after-care program at , the teachers for this program should be communicating with the district teachers to coordinate and complement their respective curriculum.
- Finding additional revenue sources
New Staff Appointments
In addition to appointing as the new Vice Principal at , (JCHS) the BOE approved the following appointments:
- Holly Posnett as a third grade teacher at
- Laura Dantoni as a teacher of family and consumer science at JCHS
- Kaleigh Kaithern as a Kindergarten teacher at
- Danielle Alvarado as a maternity leave replacement art Teacher at JCHS
- Iliana Aviles as a maternity leave replacement Spanish teacher at JCHS
- Jaclyn Moriarty as a maternity leave replacement English teacher at JCHS
- Marie Palma as a maternity leave replacement English teacher at JCHS
- Beatriz Romero as a maternity leave replacement Spanish teacher at JCHS
- MarySue Rossinow as a maternity leave replacement mathematics teacher at JCHS
- Jack Russoniello as a maternity leave replacement mathematics teacher at JCHS
- Jonathan Schulman as a maternity leave replacement special education teacher at JCHS
The BOE also reached a three-year contract agreement with the Caldwell-West Caldwell Administrator's Association. Under the agreement school administrators will receive a 2 percent raise.