Officials from the New Jersey Department of Education released the 2012-13 school year Violence, Vandalism and Substance Abuse in the Schools Report on Thursday.
The West Essex Regional School District had 1,625 students enrolled last year and a total of 33 incidents. Of the total reported incidents, there were:
- Eight incidents of violence;
- Two incidents of vandalism;
- Zero involving a weapon;
- 12 involving drugs; and
- 11 incidents of harassment, intimidation or bullying.
- Two incidents of violence;
- Three incidents of vandalism;
- One incident involving a weapon;
- One incident involving drugs; and
- Three incidents of harassment, intimidation or bullying.
Across Essex County, there were 115,441 students enrolled in public schools. In addition, the report states there were 690 incidents of violence, 178 incidents of vandalism, 117 incidents with weapons, 182 incidents with substances and 437 HIB for a total of 1,527 incidents.
Caldwell-West Caldwell and West Essex Regional School districts were not among the nine most violent school districts in the state.