A number of improvments are planned for the later this year, Caldwell Councilman Tom O’Donnell reported at Tuesday's council meeting.
O’Donnell said most of the improvements will take place in September.
Members will have a chance to preview the project once renderings are posted at the Community Center.
Here’s some of what to expect.
- Lower level will be renovated
- Locker rooms will be repainted
- Basketball court will be sanded and refinished
- Surveillance cameras will be installed to monitor parts of the center
- Pool will be acid-washed and repainted
- Pool platforms will be replaced
- Stereo equipment will be installed in three rooms
- Front desk will be renovated
Funding for these projects has been approved by the council, according to O’Donnell.
The borough also plans in the coming months to repair the stairs that lead to the lower level of the parking deck.
Borough Administrator Paul Carelli that a Department of Public Works employee has been assigned to do maintenance and repairs at the Caldwell Community Center.
Caldwell Mayor Ann Dassing said members may share their comments by filling out a suggestions book available at the center's front-desk.