4 Ways to Find Free Tax Help

The easiest and fastest way to get free tax help is through the IRS website.

The IRS offers free assistance by computer, telephone and in person. The easiest and fastest way to get free tax help is through the IRS website – www.irs.gov. The IRS can also help find free tax preparation sites for those who qualify. Here are four easy ways to get the help you need to file your tax return

1. IRS website The IRS website at irs.gov is a one-stop shop for a wide array of tax information. You can even prepare and file your federal tax return – for free – through Free File, a service offered by IRS and its partners who offer free tax preparation software and free electronic filing. But you must go through www.irs.gov to use Free File. Have some tax questions? Check out 1040 Central on the Individuals page for the latest news. You can even check the status of your refund with Where’s My Refund?

2. Community resources Free tax preparation is available through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance and Tax Counseling for the Elderly programs in many communities. Volunteer return preparation programs are provided through partnerships between the IRS and community based organizations. They offer free help in preparing simple tax returns for low-to-moderate-income taxpayers. To find a site near you, visit www.irs.gov, or call 800-906-9887. Qualified taxpayers (age 60 or older) can also find help at a local TCE site by visiting www.aarp.org or calling 888-227-7669.

3. Telephone Call the IRS Tax Help Line for Individuals, 800-829-1040, to get answers to your federal tax questions, To hear pre-recorded messages covering various tax topics or to check the status of your refund, call 800-829-4477. To order free forms, instructions and publications, call 800-829-3676. TTY/TDD users may call 800-829-4059 to ask tax questins or to order forms and publications.

4. Taxpayer Assistance Centers When you believe your tax issue cannot be handled online or by phone and you want face-to-face assistance, you can find help at a local IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center. Locations, business hours and an overview of services are available at www.irs.gov. Just go to the Individuals tab and click on the Contact My Local Office link on the left under IRS Resources.

Even though the IRS offers many options for assistance, remember the easiest and fastest way to get help is through the IRS website at irs.gov.

For more information about free services provided by the IRS, review Publication 910, IRS Guide to Free Tax Services available at irs.gov or by calling 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).

Mark Taylor March 11, 2012 at 07:32 AM
Income taxes are not simple to deal with. It isn’t very easy to document them, pay money for them, or keep these things sorted. Facing extensive or small tax difficulties, it is always advisable to let a specialist tackle them. Selecting the best specialist to deal with your tax matter isn’t simple also. ConsumerTaxReports.Org has made it uncomplicated by working on the research available for you. They review tax providers and supply reviews and rates on each one. I’d would suggest this great site to anyone who is hoping to address taxes alone OR has been burnt by Tax Masters, Roni Deutsch and JK Harris’ of the planet. <a href="http://www.consumertaxreports.org">http://www.consumertaxreports.org</a>
Jessica Brown March 13, 2012 at 05:54 AM
ConsumerTaxReports.org can be a resource every american with IRS challenges requires. Your website is loaded with material and ratings on the biggest national corporations. This problem is not something you can actually overlook, you require a specialist, and <a href="http://www.consumertaxreports.org">http://www.consumertaxreports.org</a> can help you find one If you prefer my tips, you better cut your losses and look for genuine help in another place. Take a look at <a href="http://www.consumertaxreports.org">http://www.consumertaxreports.org</a> … They have personally called and reviewed over 50 tax debt relief businesses as a way to pick the best tax debt help for your issue. You've been used once, so don't end up being used once more! You must examine ConsumerTaxReport.org prior to selecting yet another tax debt specialist.
Jeme Huth March 16, 2012 at 05:19 AM
I went through the same principle during the past year, and yes it was hard to start with, until I identified a tax debt relief corporation that helped me get into an IRS agreement. I identified the corporation I employed on ConsumerTaxReports.Org. They've got conducted all the investigation for you so you don't have to, saving you time and cash. You should pay a visit to the web page to get help with your tax debt predicament. The following is the web page link: http://www.consumertaxreports.org.
Gary Summers March 23, 2012 at 01:40 PM
I might strongly recommend that anyone who is seeking to use the services of a tax relief business to analyze that organization. It is a lot better to be safe and secure than sorry today with lots of organizations being shut down. Don’t choose to be the up-coming dupe. JK Harris, Roni Deutsch and Tax Masters have cheated enough clients. ConsumerTaxReports.Org keeps these guys answerable for all their tax relief rip-offs. http://www.consumertaxreports.org Examine long before you buy, you won’t come to be sad.
Sherry Lumpkin March 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I will seriously guide someone who wants to employ the service of a tax relief firm to lookup that company. It is considerably better to be more secure than sorry in recent times with an increasing number of outfits getting closed. Don’t become the following dupe. JK Harris, Roni Deutsch and Tax Masters surely have exploited plenty of people. ConsumerTaxReports.Org keeps these businesses accountable for these tax relief ripoffs. http://www.consumertaxreports.org Do your homework, you actually won’t come to be remorseful.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »