With snow, near blizzard-like condition and negative wind chills in store for the Caldwells these next two days, the West Caldwell Police is reminding residents that the following ordinances will be in effect.
- There is no parking on West Caldwell streets during active snow storms. The no parking ordinance will be enforced on all roadways and vehicles in violation will be towed.
- No snow is to be pushed or thrown into the borough roadways. Residents will be issued a summons if they violate the ordinance.
- All residents are reminded to notify their contractors not to push snow into the roadways.
- All sidewalks need to be cleared of snow and ice within 24 hours of the completion of any storm.
- Residents who have hydrants located on their property are asked to help the volunteer fire department by clearing an area around the hydrant to ensure it is accessible in the case of an emergency.
The police are also asking residents to check on seniors in your neighborhoods and those
needing additional assistance.