The North Caldwell Police Department issued an alert about the impending storm set to blanket New Jersey with snow.
The NCPD is asking residents to help borough employees during the snow storm by reminding residents that:
- There is no parking on borough streets during active snow storms. The no parking ordinance will be enforced on all roadways and vehicles in violation will be towed.
- No is to be pushed or thrown into the borough roadways. Residents will be issued a summons if they violate the ordinance.
- All residents are reminded to notify their contractors not to park on the streets or push snow into the roadways.
- All sidewalks need to be cleared within 24 hours of the completion of any storm.
- Residents who have hydrants located on their property are asked to help the volunteer fire department by clearing an area around the hydrant to ensure it is accessible in the case of an emergency.
Snow is expected to begin falling Wednesday night and continue through Thursday's early morning rush hour, according to the National Weather Service. Less than an inch is predicted to accumulate through Thursday morning.
But that light snowfall is only a prelude.
The windchill will make the temperature feel a blistery -3 degrees Thursday night and be accompanied by between 4-8 inches of snow, according to the NWS.
Temperatures will hover in the mid teens Friday and less than an inch of snow is predicted to fall, according to the NWS.