Mark you calendar, save the date, and – yes – get out your checkbooks and credit cards. Our friends and neighbors are involved with many worthy causes that could use your help in the coming days, weeks and months.
- The Dean Michael Clarizio Cancer Foundation's annual will take place at the in Caldwell on Friday, Feb. 18, from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. The foundation raises money for an individual battling cancer in memory of West Orange resident Dean Michael Clarizio who succumbed to the disease in June 2005.
- Cycle for Survival raised $5,000 for Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Sunday with a held at the Caldwell Community Center. It’s not too late to donate. Donations can be made by visiting the organization's website, cycleforsurvival.org.
- The Caldwell-West Caldwell Education Foundation’s fourth annual is coming up on Sunday, April 3, with more than 20 restaurants showcasing their culinary talents. This event sells out, so get your tickets today by calling Marie at 973-228-4390 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ever since the earthquake in Haiti, the has been sending medicine, water, food and clothing to the victims. A local nurse who visits often, administering to the high school, asked the teens what they were wishing for and they responded, “a prom!” As as result, , 491 Bloomfield Ave., Caldwell, is collecting prom dresses and wedding gear through April 9. The shop is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Thursday’s until 8 p.m. Nurse Pam promises pictures! Need more information? Call Pat Kiernan at 973-239-6988.
- Caldwell College has announced its second annual 5K Run/Walk for Autism will take place Saturday, April 16. Proceeds will benefit the college’s new state of the art Center for Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), which offers intervention services for individuals affected by autism.
- Have a special talent? Use it to raise money for children who need life-saving heart operations but don’t have access to them. The Rotary Club of the Caldwells will presnt at James Caldwell High School on May 7. are taking place Monday, Feb. 28 and Wednesday, March 2. To sign up, contact Gift of Life Co-Chair and Rotarian Penny Potenz Winship at CaldwellRotaryGol@gmail.com.