Polls will open for voters Tuesday for local and state level elections.
While Republican Gov. Chris Christie will taken on Democratic challenger Barbara Buono in the gubernatorial race, Caldwells residents will have a ballot full of local races.
In Caldwell, four candidates are vying for two seats on the Caldwell Borough Council that carry three-year terms. Incumbent Thomas O'Donnell (Republican) will seek re-election and is running with fellow Republican and challenger Pasquale "Pat" Capozzoli.
Caldwell Councilman John Coyle is not seeking re-election.
Both Caldwell and West Caldwell residents will also cast ballots to elect two candidates to the Caldwell-West Caldwell Board of Education for the next three years each.
Incumbent board members Rosanne Hansen and John King will seek re-election, and go up against challengers Dan Cipoletti, Marie Lanfrank and Charles Alberta.To read a full rundown of each candidate and letters of endorsement, click here.
Polls will be open between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Where To Vote Tuesday
The following is a list of voting for each municipality.
- District 1: Lincoln School, at 18 Crane St.
- Districts 2, 3: Caldwell Fire Department, at 30 Roseland Ave.
- Districts 4, 5, 6:Grover Cleveland Middle School, at 36 Academy Road.
- District 7: Caldwell College, 120 Bloomfield Ave.
- All four districts vote at Nortre Dame Church, at 359 Central Ave., Caldwell.
- District 1, 2, 7: Washington Elementary School, at 201 Central Ave.
- District 3, 4, 8: Harrison Elementary School, at 104 Gray St.
- District 5, 6: Jefferson Elementary School, at 85 Prospect St.
- District 9: Wilson Elementary School, 71 Orton Road.
Early Dismissal For Students
Due to the election, the following Caldwell-West Caldwell School District students will be dismissed early:
- Elementary students in grades 1 – 5: 8:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- AM Kindergarten: 8:45 to 10:45 a.m.
- PM Kindergarten: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- AM Pre-school Disabilities: 9 10 a.m.
- PM Pre-school Disabilities: 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Full Day Pre-school Disabilities: 9 to 11:30 a.m.
- Pre-School Morning: 9 to 10 a.m.
- Pre-School Extended Day: 9 to 11 a.m.