A winter storm warning has been issued for all of North Jersey starting that will extend from noon Tuesday to 6 a.m. Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service.
The storm will bring more extreme cold weather with wind gusts up to 30 miles per hour, making it feel as low as 10-below zero during the overnight hours Tuesday, the NWS said.
Caldwell Council Meeting Canceled
The Caldwell Council conference meeting scheduled for Tuesday has been postponed. The new schedule meeting will be on Tuesday, Jan. 28, at 7 p.m.
On-Street Parking ProhibitedPublic-street parking is prohibited when roads are covered with snow in Caldwell, North Caldwell and West Caldwell.
Power-Outages And Downed Wires
The storm could cause power outages. Residents are reminded to report outages immediately to PSE&G by calling 1-800-436-PSEG (7734) rather than contacting the police department.
NJ Transit, Cross-Honoring Tickets Through Wednesday
NJ TRANSIT is cross-honoring tickets on Tuesday and Wednesday, according to its website.
Customers can use their ticket or pass on an alternate travel mode — rail, light rail or bus — including private bus carriers.
DeCamp Bus Lines Cross-Honoring TicketsDeCamp Bus Lines will be cross-honoring NJ Transit tickets/passes Tuesday and Wednesday.
West Caldwell Snow Removal Guidelines
In an effort to remove snow as quickly as possible, West Caldwell's Department of Public Works is asking residents to adhere to the following guidelines:
- There is parking on snow covered streets.
- Do not leave garbage cans, recyclables, or any other item on snow covered streets.
- When cleaning driveways or sidewalks, residents should be reminded it is illegal to discharge snow into roadway.
- Residents should remind their contractors it is illegal to push snow into roadways.
- Whenever possible, wait for snow plow crews to complete your street before cleaning driveways, sidewalks or mailboxes. Remember during heavy snowfall, it may be necessary for crews to return to your area a second or third time.
- The township is not responsible for damage to items left in roadways or for vehicles plowed in that are left on roadways.
- It is necessary for plows to push the snow as close to the curb as possible to assure clear passage in future storms. The Department of Public Works asks residents to be patient as crews will be working throughout the night until all streets are cleaned.
- Township roadways will be salted before and after the storm.
- Refrain from putting snow back on roadway when cleaning driveways and sidewalks.
- The township does not plow or salt county roadways.
- If there is a fire hydrant in front of your house, try to clear it for fire department use.
Road Closures In Essex Fells
Forest Way will be closed between Stewart Road and Oval Road in Essex Fells for road construction. There is a detour in place using Gordon Road.Check back for updates and share what you know in the comments.
Sign up for Breaking News Alerts from The Caldwells Patch.