Invite a friend
Smokin' Hot Barbeque
Montclair Art Museum (MAM) invites you to Smokin’ Hot Barbeque, an exciting friendraiser/fundraiser celebrating the current exhibition Georgia O’Keeffe in New Mexico: Architecture, Katsinam, and the Land. The event will be held November 30, 2012, 7 – 10 p.m. in the Museum’s Leir Hall.
Smokin’ Hot Barbeque will transport you from Montclair to the southwest for an evening. See New Mexico through the art of Georgia O’Keeffe by viewing 15 paintings and drawings of Katsina dolls (representations of Katsinam, or Hopi spirit beings) and over 30 paintings and works on paper of New Mexico landscapes and architecture. Savor exquisite southwestern fare provided by Ruthie’s BBQ & Pizza and enjoy mixology margaritas and cocktails conjured by Egan & Sons. Listen to an O’Keeffe-inspired soundtrack provided by WFUV (90.7 FM). DJ’s Russ Borris, assistant music director and music director of WFUV’s indie music service The Alternate Side, who also spun at Art on Tap, and Darren DeVivo, WFUV Music Midday Host, will be on site at MAM for the evening. Bid on fabulous items in a silent auction and take home a little southwestern style.
"The O'Keeffe exhibition provides insight into the artist's passion for New Mexico," said Gretchen Prater, chair of the Smokin' Hot Barbeque. "The Smokin' Hot Barbeque will make her southwestern vision come alive for the Montclair community. It's going to be a phenomenal night!"
Tickets are $75 for members and $100 for nonmembers. Attendees will receive a 10% Membership discount at the Family Level or above when they join at the time of ticket purchase.
Call 973-259-5143 or email email@example.com to take advantage of this discount or with inquiries about this event. All proceeds will benefit the Montclair Art Museum. Attendees must be at least 21 years old to attend. This event is offered in partnership with Ruthie’s BBQ & Pizza, Egan & Sons, WFUV, and Elements Therapeutic Massage.
|Where||Montclair Art Museum 3 S Mountain Ave, Montclair, NJ 07042|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–10:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Seniors|
More About Montclair Art Museum
The Montclair Art Museum (MAM) opened in 1914 and is one of only a small number of museums dedicated to preserving American and Native American Art. In addition to collections featuring George Inness, Morgan Russell, the McMullen Family Gallery, and Native American Collection, MAM now displays contemporary art works along side folk pieces. A variety of educational programs are offered through MAM. SummerART offers a kids' camp as well as studio classes for adults and teens. The Yard School of Art holds classes for seniors, adults and youth year round.
Other events here
- Works by Lee Arnold Daily,
- Yard School of Art SummerART Registration: March 4-July 1 Daily,
- Redefining American Art: Organizers of the 1913 Armory Show in MAM’s Collection Daily, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- The New Spirit: American Art in the Armory Show, 1913 Daily, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Chelsea Art Ramble Sat, Jun 1, 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Free First Thursday Nights at MAM Monthly, 5:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Adult Workshop: Mac Basics 101 Sun, Jun 2, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Adult Jewelry Workshop: Learn the Magic! Intro to PMC Jewelry June 2, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Adult Ceramics Workshop: Raku Firing Sun, Jun 2, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- CLOSER LOOK TOUR | Free First Friday of the Month Monthly, 2:00 pm