Invite a friend
English Conversation Class
Join a friendly group of non-native-English speakers who wish to improve their conversational skills. Classes meet every Monday evening, during which students from many countries make new friends and improve their spoken English. Call the Library, 973-226-5441, to register or for more information.
More About West Caldwell Public Library
The West Caldwell Public Library is one of 75 libraries in the Bergen County Cooperative Library System. Access to the library catalog can be made from any computer outside of the library. Resources can be reserved online using your library card number.
The library offers 40,000 book titles, 200 magazine and other periodical titles, a large selection of videocassettes, compact discs and books on audio cassette. There is also year-round children's programming, including seasonal special programs such as the annual Summer Reading Game, special and regular story hour sessions, "Tiny Tot" programs for 2-year-olds and a parent and after-school programs for school-age children. Programs for young adults include a monthly book discussion group, an annual summer reading club and other special events.
There are several copying machines and a trained staff to provide in-house or telephone information from carefully selected reference materials and appropriate Internet sites.
Membership is free to all residents, taxpayers, employees and students in West Caldwell and to students eligible for the the Caldwell-West Caldwell School System. All others are invited to purchase an annual membership.
Other events here
- Get Social @ West Caldwell Public Library Daily,
- New Jersey's Bounty of Butterflies and Birds Daily,
- Rhyme Time Story Time for Children Ages 0 - 3 with a Caregiver Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, 10:30 am–11:15 am
- "Allen B. Du Mont: TV Pioneer" Tue, May 21, 7:00 pm
- Fun Time Story Time for Children ages 3 - 6 Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:30 pm–2:15 pm
- Fun Time Story Time Weekly on Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:15 am
- "Roadmap to Retirement" Thu, May 23, 7:00 pm