Where to See Academy Award Nominees Before Oscar Night
'Argo' is playing in Caldwell. But Pittsburgh is the closest place to catch 'Beasts of the Southern Wild.'
The nominees for the 85th Annual Academy Awards were announced Thursday, giving movie-goers a little more than six weeks to catch up on the year's top films. This year's Best Picture list is nine motion-pictures-long.
After winning Best Drama and Best Director at the Golden Globes on Sunday, Argo has popped up on the Caldwell Cinema marquis.
But Pittsburgh is the closest place to catch Beasts of the Southern Wild, an independent fantasy drama made on a meager $1.8 million budget.
Still there's a good chance you can catch most of the acclaimed films in time for Oscar night, Sunday, Feb. 24.
Movie times listed on Jan. 15 are below. Use the Moviefone search box above to confirm latest screenings.
- Argo is playing at Caldwell Cinema at 4 and 7 p.m.
- Amour is playing at the Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and Film Forum in New York City.
- Beasts of the Southern Wild is currently showing in Pittsgurgh, Colorado and Oregon!
- Django Unchained is at the AMC Loews in Wayne at 1:50, 5:40 and 9:20.
- Les Misérables is at the AMC Loews in Wayne at 2:15, 6 and 9:40.
- Life of Pi is playing in Maplewood Theatres at 8 p.m.
- Lincoln is at Clearview Belleville Cinema in Montclair at 3:45 and 7:15.
- Silver Linings Playbook is at the AMC Loews in Wayne at 1:35, 4:40, 7:30 and 10:35.
- Zero Dark Thirty is at the Loews in Wayne at 1, 2:50, 4:30, 6:30, 8:15 and 10:10.