I confess that I am not the greatest spa person in the world, although sometimes I wish I was. All in all, I'm just not that good at relaxing. Even so, here is a list of nearby spas, some of which I've heard are great, and others I've actually tried out myself. Let me know if you have more suggestions!
1) Sahana Spa is one of those rare places that transports one, in a mere few steps, from a busy and bustling Bloomfield Avenue to a sea of calm and serenity. The spa, which has been around for four years, is the creation of Anita Christian. Her dream was to create a space that was filled with a mix of the healing of Eastern traditions along with modern, everyday philosophy. It's easy to see that her dream came true. The spa's most popular package is its Sahana Experience Package for $350 that includes a 60-minute Aromatic Hot Towel Massage, a Sahana Body Wrap, an Omega 3 Nourishing Facial, and a Nirvana Manicure. The spa is located at 427 Bloomfield Ave., in Montclair. For more info, go here.
2) I have not been there myself, but Bangz is offering a special spa week event from April 12 to April 17. During this time you can choose from one of three spa treatments — a Stone Crop Facial, a 50-minute Swedish Massage, or a Gel Manicure and B-Well Pedicure — for only $50. Bangz is located at 23 South Fullerton Ave., in Montclair. For more info, go here.
3) Friends continue to highly recommend The Woodhouse Day Spa located on South Park Street in Montclair. Through March 27, the spa is offering many of its more popular services for only $50. The nice thing about the Woodhouse is that they often boast last minute deals. Check the website each week to see what's on offer and at what price. A Patch review of the spa can be found here.
4) If you are looking for a private place to relax, have a tea, and enjoy a fantastic spa treatment, Harmony Day Spa at 10 Brookside Ave. in Caldwell may be just what the doctor ordered. Harmony offers advanced skin and body care treatments that produce results for luminous skin while encouraging stress reduction. The spa also specializes in therapeutic massage. Check it out here and check out a Patch review of the spa here.
5) Going a bit farther afield when you are feeling really cold, cranky, and desperate to get out of town, head to Queens. Really. In 35 minutes and for just $35, you can get out of the house, out of New Jersey, and out of your boots (and everything else for that matter) and spend all day at the Spa Castle in College Point, New York. First exit off the Whitestone, Spa Castle really is just 35 minutes from Montclair if you avoid rush hour. This place has become a sort of hidden gem. Check it out here and check out a Patch review of the spa here.