'Les Miserables' Stars Coming to West Essex
Proceeds from "Broadway Shares: A Knight to Give Back" will go to Hurricane Sandy recovery.
Neil Berg, producer, composer/lyricist of Grumpy Old Men the musical, is bringing five Broadway stars to West Essex Regional High School for “Broadway Shares: A Knight to Give Back,” a benefit concert for those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
The stars will share the stage with student musicians and dancers from West Essex. Tickets for the 7 p.m. show are $25 and can be reserved online at http://broadwayshares.brownpapertickets.com.
Attendees are encouraged to bring contributions for shelters.
Here’s a quick look at the five Broadway stars who are coming to North Caldwell:
1. Sandra Joseph who played Christine Daae in The Phantom of the Opera
2. Rita Harvey who played Hodel in the latest revival of Fiddler
3. Charles Bergell who played the leading role of Jean Valjean in touring companies of Les Miserables
4. Lawrence Clayton who appeared nationally as Jean Valjean in the 25th anniversary production of Les Miserables.
5. Danny Zolli who is best known for starring as Jesus and Judas in more than 23 productions (including Broadway and six national/international tours) of Jesus Christ Superstar