Gear Up for Enjoying the Outdoors in the Fall
Geartested.net's picks for the season.
Like it or not, autumn is here. So it's time to prepare for crisper temperatures as well as shorter days before heading outdoors. Check out these fall picks for gear that's been put to the test by Fairfield-based GearTested.net.
- Sanuk Donny Chill — For this fall, Sanuk took their most Iconic styles and paired them with faux fur! Now you can “Don the Donny” in the fall. Sanuk.com $65
- Airspresso — Coffee and cycling have always gone hand and hand, and this new little gadget definitely solidified the connection. Airspresso is an espresso machine powered by a bike pump. The Airspresso uses air pressure much like the uber-expensive machines use steam. All you have to do is add hot water and pump your heart out. $120
- Switch Vision Cortina Full Stop — If you have had nicer sunglasses you know how much of a pain it is to change lenses. Switch Vision utilizes their magnetic interchange technology in the Cortina Full Stop. This means that two high powered magnets are holding the lens in, so it’s easier to switch them and you won’t break any more lenses. The deciding factor, the optics are hands down the best in the industry. SwitchVision.com $250
- Ortovox Lightning — Ortovox has long been the leader in avalanche beacon technology. Now they are creeping up on the backpack market with “ninja like precision”. Slowly and quietly more and more people are jumping on the Ortovox train. The Lightning is marketed as climbing pack, but its versatility makes it the ultimate day pack. Ortovox.com $190
- Atlantis Weather Gear Resolute — Based out of Marblehead, Mass., Atlantis Weather Gear is one of the major players in the sailing industry. There jackets are asvat home on trans-Atlantic voyages as on the trail. The Resolute is a higher end softshell designed to keep the elements out and heat in. AtlantisWeatherGear.com $250
- Joby Gorilla Torch — Joby, Famous for their bendable tripods, applied the same technology to their new flashlight, the Gorilla Torch. The flashlight allows you to bend the tripod base around just about anything.
- PetzlTikka Plus2 — The Tikka Plus2 is based off of Petzl’s wildly popular Tikka headlamp series. The Tikka Plus2 is a super versatile headlamp that is equally at home in the mountains as in your home.