1. Can James Caldwell High School Principal Kevin Barnes cut a rug better than Caldwell-West Caldwell Superintendent Daniel Gerardi? There’s only one way to find out and that’s by attending Saturday’s Dancing With Our Community Stars. The Caldwell-West Caldwell Education Foundation fundraiser will feature a dozen locals paired with professionals from Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Montville. One male and one female will walk away with a mirror ball trophy. Plus, the audience will have a chance to pick their favorites by voting with their dollars. Get details here.
2. Have a question about blogging on Patch? Interested in advertising and want to know how it works? Patch will have Office Hours at Rockn Joe in Caldwell on Thursday, from 4 to 6 p.m. Stop by and meet with Caldwells Patch Local Editor Teresa Akersten or Advertising Sales Manager Tim Drummond. The coffee is on us!
3. Set your DVRs. Caterer Ally Vitella of North Caldwell will appear on the Food Network’s Fat Chef this Thursday at 10 p.m. The new series highlights the struggle food industry professionals have with their weight and their health—and Vitella is no exception. In fact, it was because of the show she discovered she had diabetes. The episode will follow Vitella for 16 weeks as she worked with a nutritionist and personal trainer to go from a size 28 to a size 16.
4. Snoepwinkel Farms will be back in Caldwell Saturday to drop off meat and egg orders. The popular vendor from the Caldwell Farmers Market makes monthly deliveries to the Smull Avenue parking lot at 1 p.m. To request a price list and order form, email Basia at Snoepwinkelgirl@aol.com. She’s taking orders through Thursday evening.
5. Caldwell-West Caldwell Schools will hold kindergarten registration this week. Eligible students must be 5-years-old by the cut-off date of Oct. 1, 2012. For details and a schedule, visit the district website.