- School: James Caldwell High School
- Award: Garden State Scholastic Press Association
The following staff members of the James Caldwell High School newspaper, The Caldron, were recognized for various outstanding achievements by The Executive Board of the Garden State Scholastic Press Association during the Oct. 25, conference.
JCHS is in Division C, which refers to schools with a student population of 899 or fewer students.
- Reviews/Entertainment – Nina Macapinlac
- Columns – Lucy Weinman
- Columns – Adrienne Lotto
- Reviews/Entertainment – Rachel Larkey
- Columns – Nina Macapinlac
- Artwork/Illustration – Sarah Garvey
- Layout and Design – Keeley Flack and Nikita Page
- Overall Excellence – Caldron Staff
- Artwork/Illustration – Angela Filan
Laura Kakalecz won first place in the Write-Off Contest sponsored by The Record of Hackensack at the GSSPA Fall Conference. The Write-Off contest is a competition held at the GSSPA conference in which students hear a keynote address and then write a news story based on the keynote.
Only one entry is permitted per school–Kakalecz represented JCHS in this competition. She will receive a plaque and a cash award for her accomplishment.